TV Art Director, Apple TV Content Design
Culver City, California, United States
Apple Media is looking for an elite Art Director for Apple TV content design/editorial design team. This is a role for the visual designer, communicator and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies; and who collaborates well cross functionally. This is a creative position dedicated to shaping story lines while maintaining a deep understanding of digital curation.
- Possesses deep knowledge of Film, TV, and pop culture
- Experience creating and leading the output of editorial design product (e.g., Magazines, Digital Content, Journalism, etc.)
- Passion for a wide variety of editorial digital and magazine design as well as video formats, including short, medium and long forms
- A deep understanding of motion graphic and visual storytelling
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography and illustration
- A natural holistic approach to scale a single story on different media, with particular attention in defining the perfect experience that each medium requires.
- Conceptual thinker who is strategically-centered
- Demonstrates command of visual and communication design principles
- Authors, shares and merchandises ideas in a cogent and inspiring manner
- Delivers highly-resolved works at the intersection of culture and design
- Clear and concise communication, organization skills and ability to work across time zones
- Proven mastery of Adobe Creative and iWork suites
- Ability to prototype visual design work in situation
- At least 5 years of experience in art directing artist, agencies.
- Strong photographic sensibility; sourcing, art-buying, editing, re-touching or capturing
- Fluency in any of the above: motion, animation, sound design, mixing or editing
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to the wider creative team. Quickly and beautifully.
- We are looking for talent, who is a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively - Experienced in developing and executing an editorial design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences - Demonstrates strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity; keeps up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources - Collaborates with Creatives, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to tackle complex problems with simple solutions - Has experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of Apple devices, experiences and scenarios - Has a passion for nurturing relationships, managing and mentoring creatives, and can use that rapport to align teams around a vision - Has a keen understanding of local market creative and cultural nuances - An ability to work on a global teams, across time zones, date lines and traditional routine
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Information, Communication, Web design or equivalent experience
- - Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in delivering strategic ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
- - 7+ years relevant design or creative experience required; bonus for tours in publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery
- - Clear and concise communication and organization skills
- - Has passion about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity