Content Design Production Lead, Media Products Design
Culver City, California, United States
There’s the typical job. Then there’s a career at Apple. Where we'll challenge you to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel unchartered paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description. We are looking for an extraordinary Production Lead for our Content Design team. You will collaborate with the Design Managers to shape the standards of excellence across all production for Content Design. You are a strategic thinker, problem solver and task manager who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can drive detailed design tasks and deliverables across a variety of products and teams; and who can collaborate well. You will be responsible for all aspects of project life cycle: scoping business objectives, defining requirements, clarifying goals, managing project teams, external vendor relationships, and design reviews, and using the knowledge and creativity of cross-functional partners to bring meaningful solutions to Apple Media Products. We are a dynamic team focused on complex design challenges under tight deadlines. This position works closely with many other teams and will be an advocate for user experience.
- 6+ years as a design manager or project manager in online publishing or creative agency
- Experience creating workflow for designers and partner teams in project management software such as Jira, Wrike, and Asana
- Experience in creating and working within Agile projects
- Organize groups around shared goals and get results while juggling many projects and priorities
- Keen ability to grasp complexity quickly and to focus on key issues
- A compelling desire to deliver innovative and extraordinary design to our customers
- Deeply experienced leading remote work streams and partners across multiple time zones.
- Exemplary experience with multi-disciplinary teams (Design, Copywriters, Business, and others) to ideate, iterate, launch, and refine digital campaigns and content led brand projects.
- Track and report project health on a weekly basis, including communicating status and impending or projected deliverables.
- Negotiate priorities for the design team given limited resources and an aggressive schedule.
- Ensure timely handoff of design specs to partner teams.
- Review builds to ensure design integrity has remained intact during implementation.
- Constantly improve processes and communications in an ever-changing, fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to constant change
- Proficient with Keynote and Numbers
- Basic Photoshop skills
- English Fluency a requirement. Fluency in French, German, Chinese, or Japanese is a plus.
You will influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point of what you can achieve with the team. The Production Lead advances design efforts by diving deeply into the issues at hand, identifying and mitigating risks to the project, managing dependencies, representing the design strategy, and handling all issues impacting deliverables and schedules. -Collaborates with the design team as a resource to solve problems of scale and quality -Frequent travel between Cupertino and LA is required -You are an outstanding facilitator and presenter, with the ability to both wow the room with narrative and engage audiences through debate and workshop techniques -Has worked on a large variety of project types across expansive geographies and market segments -Clear and concise communication, organization skills and ability to work across time zones -A fearless and positive personality -Passionate about the Apple brand and committed in preserving its authenticity
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred