Data Center Chief Engineer - Mesa, AZ
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you dream to work in a creative, dynamic and challenging environment? We are seeking a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities to own the preventative maintenance activities and infrastructure upgrades in a critical Data Center culture.
- 10+ years infrastructure experience with a focus on Data Center Facilities operations.
- Strong leadership and management skills and experience.
- A very deep understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in use in the Data Center environment including substations, transformers, generators, switchgear, UPS systems, ATS & ASTS units, PDU/RPP units, chillers, cooling towers, CRAC/CRAH units.
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to employees, contractors and vendors performing maintenance or upgrade work on systems installed in a Data Center environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Data Center production environment and excel in customer service.
- Data Center Management construction and or commissioning experience highly desirable.
- Ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night.
- Detail oriented.
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Work directly with to lead preventive maintenance activities as well as infrastructure upgrades. Build and develop a culture of collaboration at the site. Lead others to perform daily responsibilities. Report to and work well with senior management as required. Lead the installation, repair, and maintenance of critical facility systems. Responsible for scheduling and handling the regular testing of facility equipment. Responsible for executing and tracking planned facilities work at the Data Center. Plan and lead the implementation of new Data Center facilities projects. Monitor and report on facilities system utilization, capacities, and performance, including power and water. Review existing procedures and implement needed additional maintenance procedures. Prepare site documentation including floor layouts and engineering designs. Develop site solutions in support of various key infrastructure and business needs. Review and develop MOPs, SOOs and other procedures for the data center environment.
Education & Experience
Strongly prefer a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.