Software Development Engineer - Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Operations Technology team (OpsTech) is a part of the Operations Test Engineering team and is responsible for assuring Apple products are shipped to our customers at the highest level of quality.
- 7 + years of experience in programming in C, C++, or Objective C
- Experience with Unix and/or Linux
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, shell scripts etc Excellent debugging skills: ability to quickly recognize patterns in failures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills and visionary spirit Competent in using a variety of productivity tools and programming languages Up to 25% international travel
The OpsTech Team is seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in Software Development. In this position, your primary responsibility will be collaborating closely with other Apple SW Development teams and various hardware and testing teams to design and develop innovative products and software solutions. The OpsTech Software Engineer will also be responsible for maintaining and improving existing software. Responsibilities will include: - Working alongside developers to define requirements and architecture - Develop scalable software and present in Design reviews - Develop unit test plans and work closely with QA team to help develop integration plans and help debug production issues - Should be well versed with GIT and bug tracking systems with the ability to use them in day to day development processes - Provide constructive feedback for testability and suitable solutions relying on data to justify technical decisions.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, MS preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.