Project Manager, Real Estate & Development
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a Project Manager you will manage all aspects of construction management for Apple buildings located in the Santa Clara Valley outside of the City of Cupertino. The role requires close coordination with project stakeholders from various teams including real estate, legal, design, EH&S, energy, construction, network and operations to bring our projects to fruition.
- Deep knowledge of the construction industry, design process, and construction practices.
- Proficient in speaking English and strong written communication in English.
- Strong background in commercial/industrial construction to include mechanical, electrical, process piping, plumbing building systems, tenant improvement, site work and ground up construction.
- Management of LEED certified projects.
- Skilled in reading design and construction drawings for all disciplines.
- Ability to develop cost estimates, schedules, and analyze Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Experience with utility infrastructure, including construction and coordination of local utilities to site.
- Experience with the fast track design build construction model.
- Solid knowledge of facilities maintenance and their operations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects including equipment upgrades and modifications within occupied buildings. - Manage and support the architects, engineers, and other specialty consultants from initial programming to construction completion. - Professionally represent Apple’s interest at all meetings with Consultants, General Contractors, and Suppliers. - Engage and maintain positive working relationships with the local jurisdictions/departments. - Meet with internal engineering groups, operations and business units to determine detailed project requirements. - Drive both internal and external stakeholders to meet deadlines as required per the project delivery schedule. - Create and maintain the project budget including securing internal approvals for capital funding. - Provide budget analysis (cost models and trending) and value engineering. - Engage and manage General Contractors to include competitive bidding and negotiation. - Review and comment on contracts and terms and conditions as it pertains to costing and deliverables for a project or scope. - Review all proposals and change order requests from the Consultants, General Contractor, Suppliers, and Subcontractors. Prepare and present comparative cost analysis. - Engage and coordinate with Apple IT, Security, and the AV design and installation teams. - Participate in analyzing potential mechanical, electrical, and process piping solutions and providing constructive feedback. - Set up, coordinate and participate all construction meetings (OAC, BIM, Subcontractor coordination etc). - Coordination, ordering, and installation oversight of building signage, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) requirements, furniture, infrastructure components, and major equipment for each project. - Prepare and present weekly status updates on project schedule, costs and cost projections. - Management and oversight of commissioning agents with experience in reviewing sequence of operations and test scripts. - Ability to engage site operations team from design to project turn over.