Retail Online UAT Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Online Store is a dynamic, fast-faced business environment. We are looking for a User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Project Manager, who understands what it takes to deliver a quality user experience to our customers and have a direct impact on one of the world’s largest E-Commerce sites. This role requires a combination of strong UAT Leadership and Project Management skills. You are passionate about an excellent customer experience and high quality deliverables. It requires the skills to lead through concurrent deadlines and competing priorities while gaining alignment with all levels across the organization. Your role will be equal parts UAT Lead, Critical Thinker and Project Manager.
- You are proficient in testing methodologies with 5+ years experience as a test lead
- You possess a deep understanding of the project lifecycle with 3-5 years of Project Management experience leading global projects with a distributed team.
- You are a self starter with who has the curiosity, capacity and tech savvy to understand complex, integrated systems.
- You are ambitious and dedicated, with the ability to combine critical thinking with hands on execution.
- You have excellent negotiation and conflict management skills and can comfortably deal with ambiguity
- You are detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills that can cater to both technical and functional audiences
The UAT Project Manager will partner with Product Management and Engineering teams to deliver initiatives on the Apple Online Store. You will responsible for delivering medium-to-large cross-functional UAT projects worldwide. Ownership of UAT planning activities, management of achievements and resources during scripting and execution, risk and issue management, as well as UAT reporting and partner management. Work with cross-functional teams to understand the end-to-end customer journey that encompasses multiple IT Systems and collaborate with multiple UAT Teams to stitch together and drive the overall UAT strategy for the project. Be able to shift focus from being a SME/ focussed on the details to being strategic/ providing high-level leadership on the project. Build an environment of collaboration, keeping the testing team productive, engaged, and invested. Lead test resources required for the successful execution of the project Re-prioritize and make adjustments to UAT plan and strategy as blockers and scope changes. Keep the extended team informed and ensure accountability to the resolution of key problems. Provide input to and shape the UAT management processes in-line with industry practices. Effectively communicate test strategies, status and challenges related to complex or highly visible projects. Gain a deep working knowledge of business processes, platforms and applications, and transfer knowledge to the UAT team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent - E-commerce or Contact Center experience a plus - SAP experience is a plus - Some travel may be required