Recycling Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple do not just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that is revolutionized entire industries. It is the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is a unique dynamic role within AppleRecycling team supporting the Americas recycling operations. In this role, you will bring demonstrated ability to manage projects effectively, interact with and influence cross functional stakeholders and have a passion for working towards a closed loop supply chain. You are driven, organized, detail- oriented and thrive in an ambiguous and dynamic environment. We will look to you to develop and implement methods and tools that will provide direction to the team. Tasks include project planning, documenting resource and asset requirements, managing deliverables, and scheduling. Projects will not only be delivered in a timely manner, but everyone will be able to understand all aspects of each project to ensure that nothing is overlooked.
- 8-10 years experience working in a fast paced and demanding environment, with a focus on providing the best possible service to a demanding group of customers.
- Candidate must have and demonstrate the following:
- Innovation and creativity in their approach to problem solving.
- Detail-oriented, enthusiastic and strong analytical skills
- Ability to use and analyze data to make recommendations for improvement and execute solutions.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment with tight and changing deadlines.
- A can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs.
- High level of work ethics and integrity.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity.
- A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to process information quickly and in a manner that is consistent with existing procedures.
- Strong “customer” service and problem-solving aptitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Electronics recycling industry experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
The position is based in Sunnyvale, California and requires travel to recycler sites throughout the US and Canada. • Collaborate with Apple internal organizations to support recycling and reuse strategic initiatives. • Track and report on regional key performance indicators to demonstrate program performance. • Provide timely updates for all project milestones; both org-level updates and exec-level status. • Support development of and implementation of standard operating procedures and drive continuous process improvements. • Build positive relationships with internal business partners and use strengths to influence the direction of the business function they support. • facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups. • Work with Apple business partners to identify opportunities to reduce cost, cycle time and security of scrap processing at recycling vendors through operational efficiencies • Manage coordination of Apple partners, logistics suppliers and recyclers • Witness the destruction of scrap at recycler site to ensure products are destroyed and recycled to Apple’s standards. • Provide direction to recyclers performing services for the company.
Education & Experience
Prefer: BS/BA Degree; MBA a plus.