Senior Software Engineer, Video Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications group develops leading media creation apps including Memories, Final Cut Pro X, Compressor, iMovie, Motion, and Clips. We are seeking an experienced and talented software engineer to join our team to help design & develop exciting new features for these applications.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Strong skills in Objective-C, C/C+, and/or Swift
- Significant skills in Metal, 3D/2D Graphics, image analysis, and/or Audio
- Experience with imaging and video pipeline on iOS and/or macOS
- Experience with multi-threading, concurrent programming, memory management, and/or performance optimization
- Proven ability to develop and ship high quality software products
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others
- Knowledge of applied Computer Vision and applied Machine Learning concepts is a big plus
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join the team responsible for making automatic movies in Photos Memories. Movies in Memories are made automatically using knowledge from machine learning and computer vision technologies. In this role you will influence the technical orchestration of movie creation and as such your efforts will reach the hearts of tens of millions of users. You will be challenged to find creative solutions to technical problems, collaborate in a team environment, and communicate technical concepts across a broad multi-disciplinary organization. You will go beyond industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, think dynamically outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical environments. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users. Come join us!
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science preferred.
- • Applying technical expertise, including engineering and operational excellence to challenging programming and design problems.
- • Ability to identify areas for improvement and take initiative to work towards a solution.
- • Able to tackle problems independently as well as know when to engage team members to drive innovation.
- • Performing code reviews and redesign existing applications for better user experience involving performance and usability.