NLP & Deep Learning Research Internship
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Our team is looking for graduate students and exceptional undergraduate students to work with us to explore novel ideas and to develop techniques or insights that push the boundaries of NLP. Specific areas of interest include machine reading comprehension, passage retrieval and reranking, conversational and multilingual systems, textual semantic similarity, low-resource NLP, and interpretability of NLP systems. We are interested in pursuing a variety of projects -- from those that aim to innovate existing Apple products to those that address as yet unanswered questions in the research community.
- Significant machine learning coursework or TA-ships (CS 221, 229, 224N, and preferably some of 224U, 231N, 234).
- Fluency with TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Familiarity with common NLP tasks, models and recent literature applicable to their subfield.
- Ideally: prior research experience either in a lab or an industry research team.
- Ideally: an MS or PhD candidate, though exceptional undergraduates may apply.
Interns will collaborate closely with distinguished applied scientists at Apple, and will receive hands-on mentorship and guidance throughout their research exploration. As well as gaining significant experience in machine learning research, the candidate will extend cutting edge systems, and collaborate widely with Apple scientists. Prior to the internship start date, the candidate will work with their mentor to determine a research question. Our goal is to support young researchers in NLP and facilitate insightful research that can enhance an application within Apple as well as contribute to the wider academic field.
Education & Experience
Enrolled in an BS, MS or PhD program in computer science, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision or relevant engineering degree. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Location: Researchers will be located in downtown Seattle with the Apple Turi team.
- Duration: The internship will last 12 or more weeks over the Winter, Spring or Summer 2020 quarters.