Legal Counsel, Internet Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and flexible product and licensing attorney who will work closely with Apple’s internet services, books, and podcasts engineering, business and product marketing teams. This is a great opportunity to learn about Apple while handling deal work, product counseling, and legal support for a variety of its businesses.
- 4+ years of relevant legal experience advising on intellectual property or technology product-related issues and negotiating and drafting licensing agreement (both digital media and software) with sophisticated parties.
- Creative problem-solver to resolve complex issues in creative and efficient ways and give practical product advice.
- Good judgment, ability to work independently, excellent time management and organizational skills, comfortable with healthy debate, and able to handle a variety of matters at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with international legal and regulatory compliance, privacy, consumer protection, and open source and security issues is desirable.
- Experience working on internet services or digital media is desirable.
Experience in the areas of intellectual property law, software and internet-related law, product advising, or software licensing highly desired. This position requires excellent communication, analytical, negotiation and drafting skills, and partner well with business and engineering teams.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar