Maps Machine Learning Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
If you are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, are passionate about building great products and learning new technologies, a job at Apple Maps is unlike any other you would have had. You’ll be challenged, inspired, and you will be proud of your work. Would you like to be part of a team that impacts millions of users every single day? Does finding patterns in data and building highly scalable data-driven systems to tackle real-world problems excite you? Does designing and improving Local Search for all Apple Maps users appeal to you? If yes, we invite you to join our mission in building and redefining Apple Maps. Apple Maps is used every single day by hundreds of millions of people around the world and we are looking for talented people to help us build the next generation of rich, dynamic interactive map services that will power today’s Apple products as well as those yet to be invented. We’re looking for a smart, creative and ambitious Scientist/Engineer who can take projects from initial data mining and research through all stages of prototyping, development, and final integration into the production code that goes out to the users.
- Extensive experience with machine learning tools and libraries such as TensorFlow, Spark, PyTorch
- Experience in Deep learning, topic modeling and graph algorithms.
- Experience in designing and building distributed large-scale data processing algorithms in Spark/Python
- Strong programming skills in Scala, Python or Java
- Familiarity in computational geometry and computer vision is a huge plus
- Experience in Maps Domain is also a huge plus.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies, prototype and propose software design and solutions.
The Maps Data team is chartered to process, analyze and create best and most current data for Apple Maps. In this role you will be responsible for analyzing various sources of information like, satellite and panoramic imagery, addresses and streets information and builds models and write algorithms to curate data for new features for our Map. You'll also be responsible for designing and developing critical tools for the Apple Maps data platforms. Our various tools run hundreds of times a day to ensure the rapid evolution of our map data and its timely update. You’ll interact with product managers and other stakeholders to understand various needs and translate them into highly performing code to operate on a large dataset efficiently.
Education & Experience
- Minimum Masters degree in CS or equivalent with 5 - 8 years industry experience
- - Familiarity with computational geometry are a plus.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.