Human Computer Interaction + Machine Learning Intern (Pittsburgh & Seattle)
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming quality products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Human Computer Interaction team (part of Apple AI/ML) is looking for highly motivated students to help transform intelligent user experiences. We are a close-knit team of deeply technical research scientists and machine learning engineers working on delivering groundbreaking technologies that impact millions of users. For 2020, we are looking for interns in Pittsburgh and Seattle who are interested in Accessibility, Design+ML, Visualization, and Sensing. As a member of this team, you will use your practical knowledge and experience in these areas to tackle significant technical problems, and collaborate with the most innovative product development teams in the world. You will have the opportunity to transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems in the next generation of Apple products.
- Research interest in human-computer interaction
- Strong development and design skills
- Experience (via classroom or projects) in machine learning techniques and frameworks
- Creativity, teamwork, and passion for building extraordinary products or conducting impactful research
- Ability to learn quickly and contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred Qualifications: Relevant prior experience in industry, coursework, and/or academic research labs in at least one area of HCI, Machine Learning, Visualization, Accessibility, Sensing, and Computer Graphics
- Conference publications (e.g., CHI, UIST, VIS, ASSETS, UbiComp/ISWC, NeurIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICCV, SIGGRAPH etc.) are a plus
You will: Be an essential part of a team of engineers and scientists who are designing, building, and supporting new intelligent user experiences. Help with launching innovative solutions for challenging problems that will affect future Apple Products. Have the possibility of publishing the research at a top conference in your field. Use your strong programming and design skills and ability to quickly prototype ideas, evaluate results, and collaborate to deliver completed solutions. You are hands-on, eager, curious, and never satisfied with the status quo. The ideal candidate will love learning and being challenged.
Education & Experience
Enrolled in an MS or PhD program in computer science, HCI, machine learning, or relevant engineering degree. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.