Search and Information Retrieval Engineer / Data Scientist (SIGIR 2019)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Combining groundbreaking machine learning techniques with next-generation hardware, our teams take user experiences to the next level. We are looking for scientists and engineers to join our teams in Cupertino, Seattle, Boston, Pittsburgh, Paris, and Singapore.
- Strong background in search engine core engineering, information retrieval, data management and artificial intelligence
- Strong programming experience in one or more of the following: Python, Java, C/C++, Go
- Knowledge of machine learning fundamentals such as feature extraction, learning algorithms, training and evaluation
- Strong programming skills with proven experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions
- Creative, collaborative, and innovation focused
Our teams are creating groundbreaking technology in the areas of algorithmic search, machine learning, knowledge bases, NLP, and artificial intelligence. The experiences we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to find what they are looking for. Our technologies power features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages, Lookup, Maps, Music, and News. As a member of a search team at Apple, you will use your deep understanding of search, information retrieval, and artificial intelligence to tackle meaningful technical problems, collaborate with the most innovative product development teams in the world, and transfer your ideas into solutions in the next generation of Apple products and services. You will perform fundamental research by defining, designing, implementing and evaluating algorithms involving unrivaled data and objectives. You will also actively engage with the academic community by collaborating with universities, publishing and presenting your work, and attending conferences.
Education & Experience
PhD, MS, or BS in Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related fields.