FPGA Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking an experienced FPGA Design Engineer with strong capabilities in system and RTL-level design. You will play an integral role in developing new and innovative technologies and products. This role offers an incredible opportunity to work with and learn from world-class experts in multiple disciplines, while working on exciting design applications.
- You have over 3 or more years of FPGA design experience with consistent record of developing FPGAs from concept to production
- Strong Verilog or VHDL RTL design skills
- Proficiency with FPGA design tools such as Vivado and design constrains
- You are able to demonstrate best-practice design methodologies to achieve reliable, and high speed designs over 200MHz internal clock speed.
- Processor peripheral interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI, and high speed serial I/F’s)
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills using lab equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and chipscope/signal tap, protocol analyzers are strongly preferred
- Experience with video processing (camera interfaces, ISP, color, scaling, compression, etc.), Matlab/OpenCV and machine learning are pluses
- Familiarity with the latest Xilinx FPGA technologies such as 7 series or Ultrascale+
- Experience with high speed serdes designs, AXI and SDRAM memory interface design in FPGA are pluses
- Experience with industry-standard protocols (PCI Express, Ethernet, DP, LVDS, HDMI, MIPI, Optical etc.) are pluses
- Understanding of low level software (firmware and/or drivers in C or C++)
- You have the ability to quickly pick up and own new concepts to contribute with innovative solutions
- You practice good judgment and understanding of system-level impact of design choices
- Thorough, focused, methodical, and good documentation habits
- You're a great teammate with excellent conversational and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills
You will be responsible for system architecture, micro architecture, RTL coding, IP selection, IP evaluation, IP integration, FPGA building, FPGA verification and hardware bring up. You will get to work closely with our system architecture team, EE teams, and software teams to understand the functional and performance goals of the design. Work independently & handle deliverables to align with the project goals plus support cross-functional engineering efforts.
Education & Experience
BS (EE or CS) required with over 3 years relevant experience