OS Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Central Quality Engineering team is seeking a mid to senior-level OS Quality Engineer. We are responsible for the quality and stability of our daily builds for various platforms with special emphasis on application-level functionality. We're looking for organized, critical thinkers who would like to play a key role in driving the testing and coordination of QA effort across multiple platforms, including iOS and macOS.
- 5+ years of experience working in Software development and testing
- Knowledge in one or more Scripting or Programming Languages including Swift, Objective C, Python, or Shell
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems and independently work towards results
- At ease and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Enthusiasm for user-focused design & high-quality technology
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills, and a deep interest in Software Quality. You will be responsible for functional testing (manual and automated) of first-party applications on iOS and macOS. You will design and implement test plans, test cases, risk analysis, and integration testing across Apple platforms. You will need to identify, escalate, and communicate key build quality issues, and work towards resolutions on the critical issues affecting the build quality. Other responsibilities include end-to-end testing of small and large scale software features across multiple platforms, designing and reviewing tests and coverage plans in alignment with different QA teams, and conducting system and integration tests across all platforms.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience