Hardware Systems Engineer - Apple Watch
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Watch team is seeking an enthusiastic electrical engineer to join our team. You will engage in a collaborative, rapidly changing environment to integrate new technologies into Apple’s products. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters engineering excellence, data driven decision making, creativity and innovation. This is a design engineering position where you will engage with cross and multi-functional groups to continually question the limitations of technology implemented in wearable products. You will thrive in this role if you have an Analog system design or Embedded System background and have designed high-volume, low-power, high-quality products.
- Strong electrical engineering and science fundamentals
- Hands-on prototype bring-up, debugging, and functional verification experience
- Excellence in the following areas: system integration and validation, analog design, signal and power integrity, embedded system design, various communication protocols (especially PCIe, USB, SPI, I2C and UART).
- Technical understanding or experience with one or more of the following component technologies: RF design, semiconductor manufacturing, sensor design, substrate fabrication, and IC packaging.
We utilize schematic capture, PCB layout design, prototype bring up and debugging, functional verification, signal characterization, hardware bug tracking, and working with and leading suppliers and manufacturing partners to build the future of wearable technologies. You will have to demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's, Master's or PhD of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent is preferred. Additional study in Physics, Material Science, or Chemistry is a plus.
- Your responsibilities will include some international travel.