Xcode Debugger UI Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Xcode team provides the tools to develop software for Apple's innovative iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. Because tools are our products, software engineers on the Xcode team have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply personal experience to enhance and augment the tools they use everyday. The Xcode team is looking for engineers to design, build and maintain the next generation of developer tools.
- Passion for developing beautiful user interfaces and seamless user experiences
- Ability to find simpler solutions to existing complex problems and workflows Object-oriented design and programming skills
- You have an established history of writing clean, maintainable code
- You have a demonstrated ability for creative and critical thinking
- Ability to work closely with UI designers and implement designs down to pixel perfection
- Experience building interactive applications
- Objective-C development experience preferred, but not required
- Swift development experience is a strong plus, but not required
- Strong development environment experience (Xcode, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, etc.)
We’re looking for a developer who will thrive as part of a dynamic team, working together to craft new app debugging experiences that are insightful and intuitive to use. Drawing from their own past experience creating real-world apps, the candidate will bring diverse perspectives and a desire to help solve the problems they’ve encountered in their own development work. With the ability to affect design decisions not only on developer-facing tools, but also future products across the Apple ecosystem, this position requires a highly creative and self-motivated individual, capable of communicating with and giving feedback to others in a range of roles across software engineering and beyond. This is an opportunity where iteration and innovation are key. The candidate should relish change, and be prepared to question commonly established practices, with the desire to create the best possible experience to enrich the lives of developers, both current and future.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience