Software Engineer - Anomaly Detection and Incident Analysis - Apple Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Helping people navigate around the Globe is one of our primary functions here on the Apple Maps team. We want to make sure that our recommendations are as accurate and responsive to external factors as possible. We are the Traffic Team, and we are looking to hire a Software Engineer to help us ensure that our features and functionalities are relevant and accurate, while handling and working with high volumes of live data. As an engineer on our team, you will analyze and build solutions which enhance data quality while influencing our Traffic, Routing, and Navigation recommendations. You will create actionable insights which will positively impact millions of people’s travel experiences every day.
- Excellent Java, Scala, and/or C++ development skills
- You have a validated understanding of object oriented design
- Strong background in building large-scale data pipelines, possibly using Spark or Hadoop
- Proven results working with very large amounts of real-time data
- Past success building and scaling teams is desireable
- Experience building a service enabling a variety of end-users
- Experience with data visualization and vector analysis is a plus
- Aptitude for learning independently; prototyping and proposing new software designs as a philosophy for delivering successful deployments
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience working with multi-disciplined and multi-functional teams is highly desired.
As a key member on our team, you will design, implement, and evaluate the systems that accurately process massive streams of GPS and sensor data. We expect you to make substantial contributions towards the scalability and resilience of our core systems to work seamlessly across different execution contexts from real-time to batch processing. You will be working with a team of engineers, data scientists, and traffic engineers to build and improve our systems that power our traffic production models. As such, you will use your passion for detecting and rectifying data anomalies to craft more relevant and accurate data models and recommendations. We support a production system and as such, support outside of standard business hours may occasionally be required to assist with various team and system needs such as pager-support for periodic 24/7 on-call duties, video calls, or other project requirements.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or a quantitative field or relevant experience will be considered
- While the following skills are not necessary, they would be a plus:
- Experience with location data