Data Scientist (Machine Learning)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
As a Data Scientist, you will work on current and future products for our computer vision team in the following ways: DEEP-DIVE FAILURE ANALYSIS: - Discovering failure patterns from data BUILD TOOLS FOR ANALYZING DATA: - Produce data visualizations to communicate up and across the company - Design of Experiment (DOE) for engineering studies and large scale user studies CONDUCT/SUPPORT DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS WITH OTHER GROUPS: - Help define feature specs and expected user experience based on data
- 3+ years experience in data science and large scale data processing/analytics
- Solid programming skill with Python, or C++
- Experience with databases— SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with data visualization and presentation
- Background in data science or multivariate statistics
- Background in Computer vision and/or supporting computer vision based products (Preferred)
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
The Computer Vision team that developed Face ID is looking for a data scientist with an emphasis on deep system understanding through data analysis. This position will require collaborating with algorithm engineers and teams (machine learning, cloud infrastructure support, and user studies). You will work together with similar minds in a rare development team where your skills and expertise will be applied to Apple products. Do you think different? Are you passionate about a challenge?
Education & Experience
Ph.D. or Master in analytical/technical field (e.g. CS, statistics, data science, machine learning).