Art Director, Cross Product Campaigns
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
There’s the typical job. Then there’s a career at Apple. Where you’re encouraged to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel unchartered paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description. The Media Content Design team conceptualizes, designs and creates the content experience for some of Apple’s most visible products. Media Content Design is looking for an Art Director to join its Cross Product Campaign Team. This is a role for a visual designer, communicator and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies; and who can collaborate well. This is an opportunity to be involved with Apple values—designing for cultural touchstones that define an inclusive and diverse human experience. You will be joining a design team that partners closely with cross-functional teams to develop campaign creative for Apple Values and Cultural Moments (International Women’s Day, Earth Day, Pride) across a variety of media verticals (e.g. Apps, Books, Music, and Podcasts). Along with your peer designers and partners teams, you will be responsible for defining the visual identity of each Apple Media Products campaign.
- Demonstrated mastery across the disciplines of graphic design, typography, photography and illustration
- Conceptual thinker who is strategically centered
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable prioritizing workload with minimal supervision
- Extensive experience working as part of creative teams in fast-paced environments
- Proven track record of finding simple, beautiful and effective solutions to complex problems
- Experience scaling creative campaigns and design systems across varied digital channels
- Strong proficiency to synthesize new information, opinions and direction and pivot quickly but thoughtfully
- Ability to rapidly prototype visual design work in situation
- Fluency with the Adobe Creative and iWork suites
- Lead the creation and stewardship of campaign identities and style guides - Own the translation of editorial objectives for Apple Values & Cultural Moments into strategic creative executions for Apple Media Products - Apply strategic rigor to creative decision-making across campaign objectives - Work in close partnership with design teams, producers and business leaders - Build relationships and gain insight from people across the wider organization - Develop conceptual frameworks from different sources of insight and knowledge - Collaboration with and art direction of both internal and external teams - You pair strong overarching vision with sharp attention to detail
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Information, Communication, Web design or equivalent experience
- - Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in delivering strategic ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
- - 7+ years relevant design or creative experience required; bonus for tours in publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery
- - Clear and concise communication and organization skills
- - Has passion about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity
- - Editorial Design, Creative Advertising or Design Agency experience preferred.