Content Engineer - News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join the Apple News team and support the creation of inspiring and informative stories that reach millions of consumers. As a Content Engineer, you will work with our operations, design, and editorial teams to bring the latest ideas in digital news into reality.
- Experience with the Apple News Format is ideal
- Experience creating complex content using JSON, HTML, CSS, and XML
- Familiarity with REST API concepts
- Experience isolating and identifying API issues
- Good visual and interactive design aesthetic
- Experience with bug tracking systems
- Experience extracting isolated test cases from complex content issues
- Thrives when cooperating across disciplines
- Ambitious, curious, and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate and document technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Presentation skills
- Familiarity with content management systems
Apple's News team is seeking a high-energy Content Engineer who will play a central role in the delivery of news articles to our users. As a member of our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. As a Content Engineer, you have an eye for tasteful layout, your mantra is responsive design, and you have the technical chops to make it all happen. Content engineering supports the creation of stories for both Apple and the world-class publishers partnered with News. The right candidate enjoys helping others by solving problems, tackling technical challenges, brainstorming creative ideas, documenting new concepts, and verifying fixes. You are eager to share and evangelize your ideas, you are an eager presenter, and you find reward in helping others succeed. Evangelizing technology to publishers may require periodic travel.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or related experience is required.