SQA Automation Engineer - Device Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to explore new opportunities with a talented and collaborative team? The Device Management Quality team is looking for a passionate, highly competent engineer to contribute to the current and future releases of device management products and tools that help manage millions of Apple devices every day. We are a highly collaborative team, doing work that is extraordinarily impactful and important in Education & Enterprise industry. Our team is responsible for qualifying Apple Configurator, Classroom, Shared iPad, Managed Configuration and other tools supporting iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS.
- Passion to ship high quality products that users will love
- Proficient understanding of macOS, iOS and Unix
- Deep understanding of networking, problem isolation, documenting test plans or test matrices, and SQA testing methodologies
- Experience with user interface software components and demonstrated knowledge of user-facing issues
- Working knowledge of Mobile Device Management is a plus
- Experience of reliability, performance and scale testing is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly multi-functional environment and cross-functional teams
- Capable of performing quick triage but also able to “deep-dive” technically when diagnosing problems, and communicate severity and impact
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer and customer communities.
This position requires an independent and organized individual with a technical background qualifying client/server software. You should be a self-motivated individual who works well independently and with a team. Responsibilities include Document Quality Test Plans & test cases and execute manual and automated tests Develop and maintain automated scripts and libraries for iOS and macOS to mimic classroom and business scenarios Provide reliable estimates of planned testing work and track progress regularly against estimates for scheduling purposes Prioritize testing to account for schedule and risk. Make suggestions to improve testing procedures and strategies Bring industry knowledge to improve the functionality and user experience of our device management products
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.