Manager, Global Infrastructure Operations - Network & Traffic
Sacramento, California, United States
We’re looking for an outstanding Manager to join our Global Infrastructure Operations team, leading our Network and Traffic function. You will be leading 24x7 operations teams in the areas of datacenter networking, enterprise networking, backbone/WAN networking, load balancing, CDN/traffic management. You will directly lead a group of managers who deliver 24x7 shift based operations functions that support Apple’s enterprise networks, as well as networks and CDN systems critical to services such as Music, TV, iCloud, Pay, Maps, News, FaceTime and more. Reporting to the head of Global Infrastructure Operations, you will engage with internal customer partners, and international partners in the UK and India to deliver high availability, and highly efficient operations services. This role will drive key goals in the areas of automation, process standardization, measurement, analytics, and efficiency. Our organization is growing, and this leader will be responsible for mentoring and growing our team of leaders, creating and executing strategies for effective & efficient organizational structure, and staffing.
- Minimum of 10 years working in an IT, Internet Services, or Cloud environment
- Strong knowledge of large scale networking and services is a requirement, with a preference on experience in both engineer and lead/management roles.
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems.
- Strong knowledge of network operations functions.
- Strong knowledge of critical services such as DNS and load balancing.
- Proven history of experience and increasing responsibility as a manager in systems operations functions.
- Strong understanding of systems operations discipline, workflows, and driving efficiency in ops work.
- Strong understanding of data center processes, and experience deploying and operating network systems and services across multiple data center facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging data, analytics, and automation to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Experience with ticketing and analytics platforms such as ServiceNow and Tableau, and leveraging them to gain insights to drive efficiency.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build strong and effective cross functional relationships.
You will be responsible for managing and mentoring network and traffic Operations Managers, creating and executing staffing and organizational plans and ongoing engagement with customer partners on service delivery, evolution, and efficiency. RESPONSIBILITIES - Establishing and maintaining a clear and effective division of responsibilities with internal customers. - Defining and delivering new services, on boarding new internal customers - Establishing and maintaining a culture of operations leadership and ongoing efficiency focus - Improving the efficiency of operations work and workflows by driving automation and process improvements. - Working cross functionally with customer partners and other partners to improve service and efficiency. - Work with international partners to establish and maintain a follow the sun service model - Be accountable for delivering high availability in the functions we support - Participate in and drive incident post-mortem reviews, and drive ongoing improvement - Establish methods to measure the quality and quantity of the work the team performs - Create and execute talent development and growth plans throughout the org. - Work with recruiting partners to ensure effective talent sourcing and staffing. - Execute and deliver on leadership goals and initiatives. - Create and deliver performance reviews for staff. - Ensure organizational compliance with Apple policies and laws pertaining related exempt and non-exempt employees such as overtime and on-call pay. - Engage with leadership on topics such as staffing, availability, efficiency, visibility, project updates
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science, information management, or a related field