Senior Software Engineering Manager - Business Platforms Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. Through your innovation and creative solutions, you could potentially improve the work lives of all Apple Employees. And that means tens of thousands of people, every single day! With your skill, passion and leadership, you will head a team of smart and talented engineering managers that will expect you to lead the path and conquer victories, many on uncharted territory. The bar is high and the goal is to push it higher!
- 10+ years management experience in software engineering.
- Strong experience in delivering user interfacing and business critical applications that are scaleable and highly available.
- Experience with building and running micro services in a polyglot environment.
- Experience with technologies like Java, Swift, Angular, Kafka, Elastic & Solr.
- A strong understanding of database design, and experience with Oracle DB and NoSQL solutions, especially Mongo.
- Experience with and a thorough understanding of event stream processing and search solutions.
- Experience with designing and developing iOS application is preferred.
- Ability to design large-scale applications with excellent run-time characteristics such as low-latency, fault-tolerance and availability
- Ability to review designs and code, provide actionable feedback, and the detail orientation to follow-up on all technical topics
- Ability to communicate with large cross-functional teams about various engineering topics such as system architecture, detailed design, APIs, project schedules etc.
- Ability to make right trade-off choices when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules
- Represent the team and remove hurdles to enable each team member to operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity
- Ability to hire, mentor and manage the performance of a large team.
- Ability to communicate with senior executives and business stakeholders.
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations in a fast-paced work environment.
Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation applies to our internal tools, frameworks and platforms, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Come be a leader in Apple’s Corporate Systems Engineering team if you want to help build toward a grand engineering vision. As a Senior Manager leading the Business Platforms Engineering team, you will be responsible for delivering engineering and operational excellence for internal tools. - This Engineering Leader’s role requires great technical acumen, self-drive, attention to detail, comfort with pulling up the sleeves to get hands-on, and excellent verbal & written communication skills. - Full ownership and accountability for architecture, design, development, and deployment of custom Java and software package based solutions using Oracle and NoSQL databases. - A strong background with development, implementation and operational experience is required for this leadership role. - A proven track record with managing, motivating and providing technical guidance to a team of software engineers to draw out their best work will be key to success. - Ensuring quality in every deliverable, creative thinking, strong problem solving, and the ability to collaborate with other cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment will be important attributes to possess.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering plus 12+ years software development experience or MS degree plus 10+ years software development experience.