Maps Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Maps Evaluation Engineering team is looking for a research and development focused senior engineer to help build the next generation of Maps Evaluation platforms and tools. The engineering position is a role suited for candidates who enjoy approaching a variety of problems with small teams to make an outsized impact on Apple products. The ideal candidate will have experience building and testing large scale software.
- 3+ years of experience working on machine learning systems
- Understand mocking libraries/frameworks for Unit and Integration testing in Java/C++
- Have experience with test automation, selection, and prioritization
- Knowledge of standard methodologies for writing Asynchronous web services
- Experience working with RESTful Web Services
- Understanding of software design principles and ability to participate in design and architecture discussions
- Understanding of performance, data security, large scale deployment, continuous integration, unit testing
- Be familiar with code instrumentation frameworks such as JaCoCo, gcov
- Ability to quickly pick up, understand, and communicate complex concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong desire to work with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to drive product feature and requirement collecting with developers across multiple teams at Apple
As a developer on the Maps team, you have the opportunity to build various services and tools supporting many different teams collect, verify, and seek a wide variety of algorithms. You will work with machine earning engineers, developers, statisticians and test engineers to improve a core product that touches millions of users worldwide every single day.
Education & Experience
MA / MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Nice to have: Integrating web services (REST); Experience with at least one major language suited to programming, processing and analyzing data pipelines such as Java, Scala, Python; Understanding of data modeling and storage with HiveQL platforms and/or relational data stores such as Postgres/MySQL
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.