CPU Verification Engineer
Portland, Oregon, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a chip design effort interfacing with all disciplines, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly
- The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of CPU verification experience.
- In-depth knowledge of digital logic design, chip architecture and microarchitecture.
- Experience with expertise in developing testplans/testbenches, C-based transactors, and writing/debugging assembly based tests.
- Experience with advanced verification techniques such as formal and assertions a plus.
- Experience in silicon bringup a plus.
- Should be a team player with excellent communication skills, be able to work independently on the verification efforts for a block/area of the design.
Develop verification plans in coordination with design leads and architects. Create and maintain verification test bench components and environments. Generate directed and directed random tests Run simulations and debug design and environment issues. Build functional coverage points, analyze coverage, and enhance test environment to target coverage holes. Apply knowledge of hardware description languages (VHDL/Verilog), hardware verification languages (SystemVerilog, C/C++), and logic simulators to verify complex designs and create verification infrastructure
Education & Experience