Electrical Services Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join us, and you'll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple's legacy of efficiency and success. The Electrical Services Manager will work directly with the Facilities Operations Manager to achieve department goals. Here at Apple we believe in building and cultivating a culture of teamwork while managing others to perform daily responsibilities.
- 5+ years experience operating a Micro generation or Cogeneration facility as a Chief Engineer
- You have experience with solar photovoltaic, large-scale fuel cells, renewable energy, and electric utility interconnects
- You are a strong leader and manager of teams
- Excellent understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in use of large Central Plant environment including transformers, generators, switchgear, UPS systems, ATS & ASTS units, PDU/RPP units, chillers, cooling towers, CRAC/CRAH units
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to contractors and vendors performing maintenance or upgrade work on systems installed in a Central Plant and Campus type of environment
- Must have the ability to understand the complex various business environments here at Apple and excel in customer service
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night
- Detail oriented
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The Electrical Services Manager will oversee the installation, repair, and maintenance of critical facility electrical systems and central plant operations. - Perform weekly rounds of grounds and Facilities - Review shift pass downs and communicate where needed - Responsible for financial planning, executing, and tracking of facilities operations - Plan, coordinate, and manage facilities projects - Monitor and report on facilities system utilization, capacities, and performance - Manage existing facilities procedures and implement needed additional processes including regular reviews to keep them current - Review and maintain site documentation including floor layouts and engineering designs - Track performance and execute annual reviews - Develop succession plans to advance key Team players - Interview and hire talented candidates - Schedule and track training/safety courses - Prepare, review, & submit monthly facility performance reports - Develop site solutions in support of various key infrastructure and business needs - Create and sustain Best Practices for the Facility Team - Prepare annual budget both Capital and Expense - Receive invoicing and track against allocated amounts - Vendor and Contractor management
Education & Experience
Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive leader who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.