Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about applying your deep understanding of database technologies and the cloud in creative ways? We at Claris International Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple Inc., the top standalone desktop database company, are searching for a Senior Software Engineer. We have an established product line and large customer base, and we are advancing existing technologies and developing new and exciting products. In this position located in Santa Clara, California, you will design and implement features in our Cloud offering in collaboration with Product Management and Marketing.
- Strong knowledge or strong desire to work on database internals
- Strong hands-on experience with Cloud infrastructure (AWS or Azure preferred)
- Strong architecture skills in both front end and back end
- Practical experience with REST
- Good understanding of SaaS
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL systems
- Understanding of consistency models in distributed systems
- Strong object-oriented design techniques and reusable component design
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
As a key member on our team, you are responsible for maintaining our technology stack and for crafting new functionality in Claris Cloud product. Your flexibility is essential to implementing creative features on time with excellent quality. You love collaborating within the team and across groups. In addition to crafting efficient and easy-to-maintain code, you recognize the importance of writing functional specifications and design documents. Quality is number one in your mind, and you thrive on building comprehensive unit and end-to-end tests, not only for features you build but also for existing features that need more testing. Your close partnership with QA ensures the top quality of our product.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent. MSCS or Ph.D. is helpful