Data Center Operations IT Hardware Maintenance Supervisor - Reno, NV
Reno, Nevada, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you wish to be challenged to think creatively? The Data Center Operations Team is looking for a self starter forward-thinking individual with strong leadership capabilities to be a Supervisor that provides focused, expert-level functional knowledge and hands-on support of high-demand environments and data center operations. This role functions as a technical resource as well as domain authority across disciplines and provides direct support and supervision to Data Center Technicians. This is a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. Excellent project and time-management skills, with an ability to organize and drive critical tasks and objectives in support of organizational goals is valued.
- 5 + years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced data center or equivalent environment.
- Demonstrable experience scheduling and supervising a non-exempt workforce.
- Ability to inspire, coach, train, and develop personnel to consistently provide extraordinary customer service and drive for results.
- Strategic thinker who sees the big picture while working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Ability to forge collaborative relationships with multi-functional teams and vendors.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor your message to your audience.
- Experience presenting technical information detailing specific projects or schedules.
- Able to adapt and flex schedule to align with business needs.
- Experience with Mac OS, iOS, and Desktop applications.
Provides direct supervision to IT hardware maintenance technicians and support personnel. Communicates often and clearly to help set vision and goals for the team in a dynamic environment. Supervises technical projects, ensuring completion and meeting requirements by delegating critical operational activities. Function as authoritative level technical resource or SME across functions, operations, and services Directs employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect employees. Exercises sound judgment and resolves appropriate action, utilizing defined procedures and policies. Provides management with performance reporting of tasks, technicians and support functions within all key activities. Leads the development, implementation, and compliance of all established policies and procedures, for all support and operational activities. Monitor, evaluate, and update processes and procedures. Coordinates with management to ensure proper staffing levels, budgets, tools, and materials are inline with needs and expectations. Identifies team development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained Manages employee time off requests as well as time card responsibilities, including edits and approvals. Identifies and attempts to resolve employee and operational issues, raising to Management as needed. Lead scheduling, resourcing and execution of daily activities. Act as SAM for designated spaces, as required. Collaborate with peers and SMEs, focusing on integration and improvement activities. Demonstrate good social and professional communication
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience (Computer Science degree preferred)
- Flexible to work either day, swing or graveyard shift.
- Ability to move to other shifts based on business need is required.