Ergonomics Program Lead
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple Inc. has an excellent opportunity for a full-time, Ergonomics program lead position for the Austin location. As a key member of the Environment, Health and Safety team, this position will be responsible for sustaining and enhancing the ergonomics program and supporting health and safety initiatives at this location. Providing high quality, innovative services while working in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment. You will have both industrial and office ergonomics experience. This position is based on site in Austin, Texas.
- 3+ years of field experience in ergonomics
- Knowledge of biomechanics and ergonomics engineering principles
- Familiarity with quantitative ergonomics risk-assessment techniques. Experience using measurement tools
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, concise and technically correct written work products and reports
- Proven ability to work independently and with a team, and communicate successfully with health and safety professionals, management team and workforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, analytical, and influencing/interpersonal skills, with proven ability to initiate and sustain productive business relationships
- Excellent project management skills, including the identification and scheduling of project deliverables, milestones, tasks and deadlines
- Ability to effectively work across a broad spectrum of functions within business units
- Solid presentation skills with ability to present technical information and concepts in order to initiate change and drive initiatives
- Good problem solving skills with ability to develop new ideas in order to provide innovative solutions
- Experience working with basic computer programs, database, html and Mac OSX preferred. Familiarity with 3D human modeling tools (e.g., JACK, 3DSS)
This role will be responsible for the day to day operations and implementation of the Austin site ergonomics program. Which will include: - Managing and supervising consulting team to assure ergonomics requests are serviced in a timely manner consistent with the corporate ergonomics program. - Work with Global Ergonomics Program manager and site EHS Manager to ensure customer satisfaction, lead-time, and product quality are acceptable. - Reviewing and assessing program compliance with local regulations. - Performing office ergonomics evaluations, risk assessments, conducting group training and workshops, development and marketing of the ergonomics program. - Support non office (industrial) ergonomics assessments and solution development. - Responding to service requests from customers as the needs for solutions, products and technology change. Help ensure customer satisfaction, lead-time, and product quality are acceptable. - Providing employee education and coaching in safe work practices to prevent injury and illness. - Maintaining current knowledge of preferred ergonomics tools (e.g., chairs, input devices, risers, etc). - Working with engineering and design teams to develop solutions to identified ergonomic challenges - Travel as required in support of regional. - Support site health and safety activities, including - Emergency response - On-call EHS support - Conducting and supporting fire-drills You will continually anticipate opportunities for process improvement and be able to effectively communicate the benefits of any program improvements. To be successful at Apple you must be flexible, customer focussed, a self starter and comfortable with ambiguity.
Education & Experience
Degree in Ergonomics and Human Factors, Industrial engineering, Kinesiology or other related field. Minimum of 3-5 years experience providing ergonomics services to a variety of work environments (e.g., office, lab, warehouse, and/or manufacturing) Professional certification (CPE) a plus.