Siri -Performance & Reliability Engineering Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
As a manager of the Siri Performance & Reliability team, you will lead a group of individual contributors and managers with a strong focus on making Apple’s Siri Assistant better every day. This team works closely with feature development groups to ensure high quality releases, pushes for SLAs, and designs and implements automated solutions to place metrics ownership on these same feature teams. Since Siri is a key piece to the development of all Apple products, this team has an enormous impact not only on Siri as a service, but the Apple ecosystem as a whole.
- - 5+ years managing an engineering team
- - Primary lead on at least three customer-facing features with year-long development cycles involving multiple engineering teams
- - Industry experience in similar roles at large scale companies
- - Able to give multiple examples of creativity and critical thinking on the job
- Track record in providing regular updates to organizational groups as well as VP level management
- Drive multiple priorities across numerous teams to support project efforts
- Experience in system design/architecture and implementation
- Strong understanding of big data platforms and methodologies of data consumption
- You must have knowledge of one or more object-oriented programming languages (Scala, Java, C++)
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of macOS and iOS is helpful
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
The Siri team is looking for a talented, broadly-skilled engineering manager who is a creative problem-solver, thrives in a fast-paced environment, can work well across teams and organizations, and has a strong passion for quality. The team you would manage is heavily focused on automation, designing and implementing frameworks for data analysis, and creating tools with elegant and effective user interfaces for the team’s use as well as our engineering partner teams. You will provide technical expertise to other teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks upwards to executive management as well as across the organization being the voice of quality for Siri. Using data, you will push for significant changes in the way we do things within Siri to ensure our customers the best possible quality experience with frequent executive reviews to update on our progress. This role is highly visible and critical to the success of Siri and you are strong in relationship building and being a strong force in fighting for what is right for our customers. Design and implement engineering solutions to enable metrics ownership by partner teams Define metrics and alerting mechanisms to measure success/failure Grow team to support the growing needs for automation around performance & reliability Partner with all teams to drive strong SLAs across the entire Siri software stack Utilize machine learning techniques to adapt to usage patterns of our systems
Education & Experience
B.S. degree in Computer Science or 3+ years of programming experience or equivalent.
- (Nice to have items)
- Knowledge of core Linux fundamentals
- Understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with compute containerization (i.e.
- Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, schedulers)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.