Program Manager, Regional Excellence, Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is a very popular mapping application shipped with every iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. We offer an incredible, connected experience across the Apple ecosystem – iOS, iPadOS, macOS, Apple Watch, tvOS, CarPlay – and are delivering the future of maps to hundreds of millions of customers across the globe. The Regional Excellence Programs team builds the features our customers interact with globally. If you’ve ever searched for a restaurant in London,explored a transit route in Germany,received driving directions or visited a city in FlyOver, you’ve seen our work. We’re looking for an extraordinary Program Manager to join our Regional Excellence team, focusing on improving the Maps end user experience in key locations across the globe. Program Managers at Maps deliver the right feature at the right time. It’s a hands-on, multi-functional, highly-engaged job. A good PM is the beating heart of their team. This is about more than just project management - program managers can easily bridge the gaps between product, program, and project management. For this role, we’re looking for an experienced Program Manager. Someone to handle our trickiest, hardest projects.Projects that aren’t always well defined - it’s your job to provide that definition and clarity. You should be comfortable working multi-functionally; digging into the entire solution stack; defining new and improved features; identifying country-specific vs. global needs; and pulling it all together in a way that’s focused on the right things at the right times.Wrangle huge amounts of detail, and ensure that the right decisions are being made by the right people, all the time. In this role, you will keep your eyes on the vision and your hands in the details. You will take the time to deeply understand the technical environment and also know the people. You’ll get stuff built by incorporating requirements for the various markets while carefully stabilizing common design principles and country-specific customer needs. You will partner with engineers, designers, marketing, and EPMs on the Maps team & external partners to deliver phenomenal mapping experiences to our customers. You will continue to learn the global market while building deep understanding of consumer needs in specific countries.You’ll ideate, propose, plan, prioritize, oversee, drive, and ship.
- 8+ years of Program Management or related engineering experience with consumer-facing products/services.
- Hands-on experience building and delivering complex software projects.
- Hands-on experience building and delivering Web and Internet services.
- Clear track record of project delivery: high quality, and on time.
- Ability to cut through uncertainty.
- Naturally curious; fast learner.
- Extraordinary leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Presenting to all levels (engineers and senior management).
- Strong technical proficiency. Bonus points for past programming/architectural experience.
- Mapping or GIS background a serious plus.
- International product development experience a serious plus.
- Management experience a plus.
- Cultural knowledge/language fluency in any European countries/languages is a plus.
The Regional Excellence Programs team builds great customer experiences for the global market. We’re in the“surprise and delight” business. And we get to work with remarkably talented people across Apple,all over the world. As a Program Manager on our team, you will be responsible for a broad portfolio of work. Specifically, you will: Listen to and learn requirements from different cultural perspectives and synthesize the right information coherently for the best experience in worldwide markets.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent