Channel Production Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The role of Production Designer in Marcom is the liaison between the Creative Design and Mechanical Production Studio teams, ensuring the original design intent—established by approved creative—is maintained thoughtfully and consistently throughout the implementation and mechanical production processes. In this role, you will provide creative design and implementation skill combined with production mechanical building expertise to maintain high level design and quality standards that are the hallmark of Apple. Design to Production split approximately 20/80. You will partner with the US Channel XF Producer to be responsible for producing the Channel creative work for both Apple-Led and Partner-led opportunities in US market. You will be called upon to be both an excellent production designer as well as a pro-active strategic thinker, with a strong point of view on both Apple’s and partner’s channel communications. You will develop a deep partnership with the Channel Production Design and Studio teams at WW along with our GEO teams. In particular, you will refine, evolve and optimize integrated creative/production processes for both WW amplification and GEO origination initiatives for Channel.
- Expert in Mechanical Production, Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
- Highly skilled in Photoshop, Bridge, and Acrobat.
- Able to strategize the implementation of a project’s core set of creative across the full suite of print and some online deliverables.
- Excellent creative skill and design acumen.
- Strong communication skills, able to explain ideas and direction to others clearly, diplomatically and concisely.
- A good listener and practical problem solver
- A results driven person, with integrity and determination
- Able to work autonomously
- Passionate about the creative process, adding insight and value to creative projects as they move through to execution
- Comfortable working with diverse teams, including Creative, Project Management, Print Production, Mechanical Studio, Editing and Content.
- Work well in partnership with others, particularly Creative and Production Design personnel maintaining professional demeanor under pressure and in situations of ambiguity.
- React quickly to new information, opinions and direction and strategically pivot when necessary.
- Minimum 5 years production design experience implementing complex design concepts into a varied set of marketing materials.
- Creative Advertising or Design Agency experience preferred. Samples of design implementation and mechanical production samples required.
Directly support Creative Design staff and Mechanical Production Studio. Leads and directs the implementation design of an US Channel bespoke fixture and marketing graphics. Use design implementation experience to anticipate and problem-solve executional issues such as image cropping, scaling, layout ratio reformatting. Reviews creative work with the WW Marcom creative staff to get feedback on direction, and confirm work is aligned with other activities in the group. Anticipate and problem-solve executional issues such as resolution, function, color, reproduction and finishing. Create design adaptations at different aspect ratios and scales. Build and maintain design roadmaps, master layouts and other internal visual documents. Create master pre-production layouts for hand-off to Production Studio with notes on allowable design and content variations. Incorporate Apple brand, typography, and identity guidelines. Review all Studio produced mechanicals and communicate feedback/changes. Work within a flat hierarchy, be a real person and excellent teammate with other Designers, Production Designers and Mechanical Artists to succeed together.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree in Graphic Design or similar field preferred.