Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? At Apple, we create amazing, innovative devices by working across Software, Hardware, and Design to build the best experiences possible. At the heart of that intersection between Technology and Liberal Arts, are the Systems Engineering Project Managers who help plan, prioritize, refine, and bring these experiences to life on the Mac. From exciting new technologies, to the software that powers them, System EPMs are responsible for shepherding a project from start to finish. If this sounds exciting, then let’s talk! The Software Engineering Program Office is looking for a Systems Engineering Project Manager to join our Mac team. System EPMs work alongside engineering and program partners in Hardware, organize and lead Software teams through developing new products, and ensure teams and management are kept well-informed and up-to-date on their projects. As a Systems EPM you will get a front row seat to what it takes to ship the best computers in the world. You will get to work with passionate, smart, and innovative people on impactful and highly cross-functional products.
- Self-motivated and hardworking with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- You are able to understand priorities and clarify direction
- You exhibit a deeply curious mindset about new ideas
- Ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience
- Experience project managing complex, multi-functional projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Experience developing and releasing a consumer product
- Ability to build and execute plans in ambiguous settings
- Experience demonstrating strong presentation skills
In this role, you will be the central hub bringing together different teams from Software, Hardware and Design, all in the name of delivering on groundbreaking new products. You will parter with engineers and managers from our Software Engineering and Hardware Engineering teams to define, schedule, track, and help lead the work for these exciting new hardware projects. You will deliver executive communication and presentations to help drive the decision-making process. Clearly and effectively communicate overall program status, while identifying and resolving key bottlenecks and inter-dependencies of complex projects. This job requires outstanding interpersonal skills to work cross functionally with other organizations within Apple.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent