Display Electrical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are seeking an enthusiastic electrical engineer to join our Display Engineering Team and work on groundbreaking products. This is a design engineering position that entails working with multi-functional groups to innovate the technology implemented in Apple's products.
- 5+ years significant industry experience crafting consumer electronics and/or embedded systems
- Demonstrate strong EE fundamentals (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc.)
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communications
- Experience in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, etc.
- Experience crafting high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with contract manufacturers
- Experience with leading PCB technology and electrical design and characterization of the following areas: DDR3/4, USB-C, LPDP, MIPI and I2C/SPI/UART buses
- Experience in one or more of: MCU, power (DC-DC converters, power management, low power design), analog circuits, display technology, and integration.
- FPGA is a plus
- Board CAD tools including Cadence Concept & Allegro
- Apply your engineering expertise and work with multi-functional teams to realize products that consumers will love. - Tackle meaningful engineering problems by selecting components, crafting schematics, directing layout, and bringing-up/debugging circuits in the lab. - Collaborate with a large number of groups including PD, DFM, RF Design, Software, HW Test, etc. to bring a product from concept to mass production. - Expected to help define exciting product features that will touch our customers. - Have access to state of the art test equipment in labs to perform characterization of your circuits. - Define test criteria and execute these test plans on functional prototypes to demonstrate the robustness of your designs. - Occasionally travel domestically and overseas to work with our manufacturing partners to ensure success of the product. - Grow and develop your skills in a dynamic reciprocal environment.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE or equivalent 5+ years
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.