Wireless Software Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems organization and be part of an elite team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Minimum 5~10 years hands on experience in wireless development/system engineering
- Strong Software Engineering skills including design, programming (C or C++, script) and debugging
- Strong knowledge of LTE PHY/MAC as well as RF Frontend architecture
- Familiarity with LTE NB-IoT and D2D is a plus
- Strong knowledge in all or some of 3GPP, 802.11x, BT SIG standards
- Broad spectrum of knowledge to be able to understand end-to-end network system architecture from wireless physical layer all the way up to application end-point.
- Consistent track record of project work you're doing from concept to commercialization
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive with a focus on solving everyday problems in innovative ways
- Attention to the smallest details that are significant to customers
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Apple’s Wireless Software Architecture team is seeking talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking wireless technologies including Cellular, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth. The position involves identifying and/or developing core wireless technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines.
Education & Experience
Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent majors.