Design Manager, Apple Health
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Health team is looking for a passionate designer with management experience to help lead a growing team in the health space. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, cares deeply about building strong relationships, can tackle hard problems with enthusiasm and enjoys not only managing a team, but also designing and the design process itself. In this role, you will be asked to lead a small team, own big design problems; work extremely collaboratively and cross-functionally; and pull together a team’s work to create beautiful and cohesive experiences!
- 3+ years experience in managing a design team.
- iOS, desktop or web platforms experience
- Highly Proficient in Sketch, Keynote, and other design tools.
- Work enthusiastically with a highly collaborative design team in an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Possess excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Have a passion for Apple, its products, and its customers.
- Experience with health apps/programs/data is not necessary, but valuable.
Collaborate closely with other designers, engineers, product managers, clinicians and data scientists to define problems and goals. Provide focus and feedback for the team by setting design direction and priorities. Responsible for design consistency & continuity within the team and within the Apple ecosystem while upholding Apple design guidelines and process. Lead collaboration and critique across the team until the best solution is found. You will communicate design concept ideas through sketches and wireframes. Participate in, and facilitate hiring of team members. Escalate issues accordingly.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Communication Design, Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar preferred
- We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will be part of building an extraordinary team. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.