ACG - Data Operations Specialist
Portland, Oregon, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple's Advanced Computation Group (ACG) is seeking a hardworking data operations specialist to join their team in Portland, OR. The ACG performs both exploratory and targeted algorithms research and development in a dynamic small team environment. The position involves a variety of functions related to data consumed and produced by machine learning systems. These functions include management of data collection processes, contractor interaction, data ingestion, data organization, data security, data storage, data validation, data visualization, reporting, and quality assessment. The data ops specialist is an essential contributor working alongside machine learning researchers and software R&D engineers to develop state of the art machine learning algorithms to enable current and future Apple products and services.
- Experience with structuring, storing, and retrieving data in remote databases and file systems
- Experience with data security practices, collection processes, and related tools (e.g. OpenSSL, encryption in general)
- Ability and interest in learning new technologies and systems
- Sufficient web development knowledge to build basic data reporting and management tools
- Understanding of data cleaning, validation, and related tools
- Python scripting and development skills
- Strong computing system skills (POSIX, CLI, basic shell scripting, version control systems, etc.)
- Some background in mathematics and/or statistics is helpful
- Experience in signal processing, image and video processing, computer vision, computational music/audio, and other related applied engineering fields a plus
We are looking for a hardworking, detail oriented data operations specialist who is interested in the domain of machine learning. You are ambitious and passionate about your work. You are a capable Python programmer with experience driving data systems from prototype to implementation. You should also possess a keen interest in staying up-to-date on new developments in data management for machine learning in both academia and industry, and be able to apply that knowledge to meaningful problems across multiple projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or masters in computer science or a related field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Electrical and/or Computer engineering) with a focus on data and related systems.