iPad Touch HW - Touch EE Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Sensor Technology team develops cutting-edge sensor solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products. The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best user-experience through state- of-the-art sensor solutions, such as the high-precision, low-latency multi-touch and stylus sensors in the our products. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Strong logical thought process and analytical skill set. Ability to break-down complex problems fundamental blocks that can be analyzed via understanding of electro-magnetic interactions.
- Electrical engineering background in analog and mixed-signal design, especially board-level circuits.
- Hands-on experience in system-level design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in FEA (Comsol, ANSYS, Maxwell) MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools.
Sensor technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations. Product feature & architecture definition Sensor architecture and modeling (electrostatic / FEA, circuit and MATLAB sims) End-to-end application (sensor, signal processing, ASIC, algorithm configurations) definition & design Statistical data analysis and data mining. Evaluate and model complex electrical and magnetic interactions between sub-systems. Review and/or define algorithms for various signal and noise conditioning requirements. Design, prototyping and integration of Sensor, (rigid / flexible )PCBs and ASIC application. Optimize design across multi-disciplinary boundaries (e.g., Mechanical, Materials, Process, FW/SW/ Algs, Cal /Test, Reliability, Operations) Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving. Design analysis, characterization, and validation. Business travel to support product development.
Education & Experience
M.S. in EE or Physics related fields (PhD preferred) + 3 yrs related industry experience.