Senior Wireless Standardization Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As a Senior Wireless Standardization Engineer, you are responsible for representing Apple Inc. in wireless communication standard bodies and driving company strategic interest in those organizations. With the great opportunity to create innovations and generate new IPs that benefit our product lines. You will be working with various dynamic teams internally and externally in driving our global standardization activities.
- Extensive experience with MAC, networking and up to application layers
- Experience with link layer protocols, internet routing protocols, and higher layer protocols: ARP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, UDP/TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6, 6LoWPAN, BGP, MPLS, RPL, HTTP/HTTPs, REST, CoAP, JSON, CBOR, YANG Data Model
- Strong knowledge of IEEE 802.11n/ac/ax and 80215.4 MAC layer specifications/protocols and applications essential, including high-level architecture
- Strong knowledge of L2 security, network security, application security, pairing and provisioning protocols, including, VLAN, firewall, TLS, DTLS, PKI, VPN.
- Knowledge on cross layer optimization
- Solid track record of innovations and bringing new ideas to end products.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
- Self-motivated, obsessively passionate and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
Our team is focused on developing wireless system solutions and its standardization initiative. You’ll be actively working with various internal teams by keeping them apprised of standards development and direction, while supporting development teams with defining features, architecture and design. You are expected to actively propose, support and champion innovative solutions, both internally and externally. Confident in presenting and defending principles to internal teams, and standards and connectivity communities.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree or PhD’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science with 7+ years of relevant experience