Safari Tools and Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Safari and WebKit team is looking for an engineer to improve and maintain the build system and automated tools/services. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong programming and communication skills. We're looking for critical thinkers to drive our tools and infrastructure to help deliver a high-quality next generation Safari browser to customers on both iOS and macOS.
- Deep understanding of Unix-based systems, ideally macOS.
- Strong experience utilizing Python, Perl, Ruby, shell scripting, and other related tools.
- Expert in software development tools like svn, git, bash, make, and Xcode.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Experience maintaining Buildbot-based build systems.
- Experience maintaining and upgrading Bugzilla-based bug tracking systems.
- You will have experience working with and contributing to large-scale open source software projects.
- Knowledge of C/C++ or Objective-C.
As a Safari Tools and Infrastructure Engineer, you will develop, extend, and upgrade tools used by the Safari and WebKit teams. These tools automate builds, measure performance, and perform correctness tests for each check-in. - You will support tools used by the WebKit open source project, including the bug tracking system and buildbot. Since Safari and WebKit have a large number of contributors, well-designed and easy-to-use tools are essential. - You will work with other engineers to maintain our source tree, merging changes as necessary for Safari releases and submitting code for official builds. - You will help oversee the infrastructure to support the Safari and WebKit projects.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent.