Senior Security Network Systems Engineer - Health
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you seeking a chance to create an impact on people and their health? We are looking for you to help support and deliver an amazing service that will affect how people seek basic healthcare. Come work with an amazing team, in an incredible environment. AC Wellness Network, LLC. is a subsidiary of Apple, Inc. and is the dedicated management services organization (MSO) for AC Wellness Network, a dedicated independent medical group that serves Apple Wellness Centers in Santa Clara Valley. Our mission is to deliver the world’s best healthcare experiences for Apple employees. We are seeking an experienced System Architect specializing in developing and maintaining high security, high availability, and scalable infrastructure solutions supporting business critical applications. This position is based on Cupertino, CA.
- 6+ years in a hands-on technical environment providing macOS and Sys Admin support
- Experience working with a High Security Environment (HSE) infrastructure
- System administration experience primarily in Unix systems (Linux and macOS)
- Advanced Network Operation skills such as server administration, proxy services, SSL certificates, etc. Ability to use Network Operations monitoring tools to optimize network and systems performance
- Experience with one or more scripting/coding languages is a plus (shell, python, etc.)
- Have knowledge about Server and Applications level security best practices as the role would need to work very closely with Apple Information Security Teams to keep platform, Network, and applications secure
- Knowledge of Cisco switches and Meraki security platforms
- Hands on knowledge of current cloud Services, AWS, etc.
- Previous experience with logging servers (Splunk and Qualys)
- Hands on experience with Data Center operational task, including rack sizing, equipment installation and decommissioning of hardware containing PHI
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Be able to explain technical details in clear, non-technical language
- Required to take on additional tasks as needed by the team
- Be self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision and yet be able to deliver the highest level of reporting, support and research to the health team
• Independently fix technical issues and work with teams consisting of developers, engineering project managers, legal, information security and the like • Assist in Information Security reviews - manage current outstanding reviews to resolution • Design and configure secure networks for all services within the Wellness Centers • Assure systems adherence to HIPAA Rules and Regulations • Act as lead architect for the broader AC Wellness PHI framework - include help establish our technology solution for support desk functions and service delivery framework that is HIPAA/PHI compliant • Provide operational Security, Network Performance, reporting, auditing, etc. • Partner with relevant groups to facilitate device enrollment, ensure back-ups are being setup and run daily • Design and maintain High Security Environment (HSE) infrastructure • Design and configure secure networks for all Wellness Centers providers • Design and implement procedures for safeguarding key material, PHI, PCI and PII information, physical security, Hardware Security Modules theory of operations • Specify technical requirements for our GNCS teams (Network, DBA, system engineering, etc) to architect and deploy secure, scalable, and supportable solutions suitable for HSE
Education & Experience
• BS in relevant field or equivalent
- • Previous Sys Admin experience in a health environment would be advantageous
- • Demonstrated ability operating as part of high-performance team, delivering objectives under tough deadlines and comfortable in an ever-changing environment