Education Software Product Marketing Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an exceptional and experienced product management professional to lead product marketing for our teacher and student-facing education applications. Applications like Classroom and Schoolwork are a critical part of Apple’s desire to push the boundaries of learning, and we are looking for someone with both the expertise and the passion to help push that vision forward. Do you want to help define new features, and possibly new apps, that will shape the future of Apple’s education technology offering? You’ll be the expert on what schools, students and parents need, and will work closely with the engineering and design teams to define and build products to meet those needs. You will also be responsible for product positioning and outbound marketing, working with the Marketing Communications and Public Relations teams. We want to hear from you if you have direct education and software experience as well as excellent communication skills and proven experience working with cross functional teams.
- Direct experience in education, either as a teacher, administrator, technology lead, or related role.
- Solid experience in both product management and product marketing. Education apps experience helpful.
- Experience interfacing directly with engineering and design teams during software development and deployment.
- Ability to contribute to definition of strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience with competitive analysis, user studies, and product data analytics.
- Excellent presentation, product demonstration, and writing skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate/position the specifics of the product vision to the market.
- Motivated, collaborative, dynamic, creative and results-oriented.
Develop and drive the product roadmap for Apple’s teacher and student-facing education applications and services. Be the subject matter expert on how Apple can help people learn more efficiently, more effectively and more enjoyably. Research the competitive landscape, investigate trends, and collaborate with students, teachers and administrators to find opportunities to innovate. Collaborate with an extraordinary team of designers and engineers during the development phase of applications, and as the product champion and education expert, provide feedback and direction on product planning and future features. Work with Apple’s Marketing Communications, Product Marketing, and Public Relations teams, along with a diverse group of other Apple employees, to successfully launch the product. Drive all outbound marketing, including reviewing all product documentation, marketing materials, web content, sales training materials and other product information to ensure consistent and clear positioning and messaging.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science and/or Marketing. MBA or equivalent experience preferred. Experience and knowledge of the education marketplace is critical. Experience as a teacher, technology administrator or related roles is highly desired. Software product marketing experience is preferred as well.
- Position based in Santa Clara Valley, California