Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The macOS GPU Compiler team provides state of the art compilers for graphics processors running on macOS. We are working on enhancing existing compilers and building new technologies to maximize the rendering and computing potential of macOS GPUs. We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join the team.
- Solid knowledge of compiler architecture and algorithms, experienced in design and development of various compilation phases involving optimizations and code generation
- Experienced in understanding pre-existing code base of a large project and analyzing generated code for optimization opportunities and bug investigation
- Experienced in C/C++ programming
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills and good team player
In this position, you will develop and optimize compilers for current and future generations of graphics processors. You will be responsible for driving feature development, making functional and performance enhancements in compiler, providing optimization guidance to application developers and participating in compiler re-architecture effort to keep it up to date with new technologies and demands. You will also work with other teams on cross-functional projects. An ideal candidate is one who has a passion of solving challenging problems, a keen interest in writing high quality software, a curious mind for new ideas and the ability to master new skills quickly, and is willing to go beyond the call of duty. Motivated candidates are encouraged to apply even if you are missing some qualifications.
Education & Experience
BS and/or MS computer science preferred.
- Experience with 3D Graphics and any GPU programming APIs like Metal, OpenGL, OpenCL, Vulkan, D3D is a plus.
- Familiarity with LLVM Compiler infrastructure is a plus.