Program Manager, Organizational Development– Ad Platforms Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Ad Platforms Engineering builds products and services that connect customers to content that enriches their lives and connect developers and publishers to the right customers to grow their business. With a customer-centric approach, Engineering builds advertising products, data platforms, and algorithms that are secure, innovative, and preserve our customers’ privacy. We are a global, agile engineering team that moves smart and fast by consuming and optimizing readily-available technology, collaborating to improve and scale capabilities across businesses and use cases, and sharing our own innovative solutions so everyone can benefit. And, we have fun doing it. The Organizational Development team plays a critical role in understanding the dynamics of the rapidly evolving engineering team. We target areas that improve our overall organizational effectiveness while maintaining our values and culture. Our focus includes talent pipelines, leadership development, coaching, mentoring and mobility, operating mechanisms, employee engagement, change management, and communication strategies. We are looking for an accomplished program manager with significant change management experience who thrives in a fast-paced, evolving technical environment.
- An action-oriented collaborator who enjoys working with others to get things done
- An organized program manager who effectively manages multiple projects (down to the details) simultaneously without sacrificing quality
- A trusted partner who develops strong, mutually respectful partnerships with cross-disciplinary teams (HR, Recruiting,Training etc), management and employees
- An effective change-agent who focuses on improving what’s working, but is unafraid to challenge the status quo and drive to change for things that are not
- A proactive problem solver with a bias toward continuous improvement
- A great communicator with the ability to articulate what’s happening and why it matters
- A strong listener who seeks to understand before forming a recommendation, and can distinguish what is really important and meaningful from what is not
- A data-oriented, analytic thinker who leverages hypothesis-driven thinking, experimentation and data to frame issues and influence outcomes
- An enthusiastic team advocate and evangelist who can mobilize, influence and engage a global, cross-functional team and to deliver outcomes without direct authority
As a program manager, you will be involved in aspects of the creation, execution and evaluation of programs designed to support our engineering mission and build a high- performing team. Examples: - Use a data-driven approach to track and report organization health. Combine people analytics and insights to help the leadership team identify and diagnose gaps in talent and organization capability. - Coordinate programs to acquire, develop, retain and recognize key talent. Implement tools and provide experiences to help employees drive their career. - Work collaboratively to develop content for knowledge and skill development programs including All Hands meetings,Tech Talks/Walks and Hackathons. - Partner across the org to develop and execute activities that build employee engagement and strengthen team culture.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree, PMP or similar certification is a plus 5 or more years of experience directly driving complex, cross-functional processes and projects with measurable outcomes; global experience a plus Experience working with engineering/technical teams preferred