CloudKit Client Software Engineer (Windows)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
When you hear iCloud you likely think iOS and macOS, but iCloud also touches millions of Windows users as well. That’s where the iCloud for Windows team comes in. We bridge the gap from iOS and macOS so that our Windows users can access their files in iCloud Drive, photos in iCloud Photos and much more. The iCloud for Windows team is looking for a passionate and motivated individual with experience designing and implementing Windows based automation solutions.
- Experience writing and maintaining automation on Windows.
- Experience with VMWare or similar virtualization platforms.
- Familiarity with iCloud’s services, like iCloud Drive and iCloud Photos.
- Experience writing automation for cloud based client/server relationships.
- Experience developing, triaging, and maintaining tests.
- Proven bug detection and regression skills.
- Ability to work closely with a team with dynamic strengths.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs & third-party issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to organize testing responsibilities.
This role is best suited for a self-motivated individual who is experienced in manual and automated testing, with a passion for quality. You will be the key individual responsible for developing and maintaining our automation efforts, which will also touch our many other platforms (iOS and macOS for example). While our focus is Windows, the end-to-end iCloud experience is paramount. In the early stages of development, you will work with our engineering and QA teams to help design and strategize our automated testing approach. As we progress through development you will be responsible for running and maintaining our automation while communicating testing progress and results. You will also work closely with the QA to plan and evolve our testing strategy to ensure that we are focusing our testing in the right direction and ultimately providing the highest quality product for our users.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Deep understanding of Windows, iOS, and macOS operating systems.
- Familiarity with installation and maintenance of Windows based hardware.