App Store Production Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Job Summary: Based in Cupertino, you’ll manage a team of highly skilled cross-functional producers, in six of the App Store’s key markets - United States, United Kingdom, China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan. These producers sit at the heart of the App Store, working collaboratively with creative, editorial and production teams to manage daily content publication and high profile campaigns, in over 150 countries. Department Summary: You'd be joining a team of experienced content and platform experts. We work across all of Apple’s media offerings, including Apple Music, Movies and the App Store to project manage features, campaigns, promotions and stories for millions of customers around the world to enjoy. Knowing the fundamentals and nuances of each platform, we are able to innovate with every new project we work on, drawing on the knowledge and experience of our diverse, global team.
- Experience managing—and motivating—teams, including remote employees.
- Track record of partnership and collaboration with cross-functional teams, including creative and technical teams.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and drive results while juggling many priorities within tight (even daily) timeframes.
- Proven ability to grasp complexity quickly and adapt to change seamlessly.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Ability to grasp and articulate complex technical issues and the impact they have on your team’s work
- Must be resourceful, creative, and results oriented while working within a high-energy environment.
- Excellent social and oral/written communication skills.
- Understand what good editorial looks like and have the ability to foster creative thinking through workflows and processes.
- Excellent understanding of the depth and breadth of software, preferably for iOS, OS X, watchOS, and tvOS.
- Tech Savvy - You’ll have experience using a range of different production tools, and be able to articulate the improvements needed that will benefit your team.
- A deep passion for technology & knowledge of Apple’s eco-system
- International experience is a plus.
Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving hundreds of millions of iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch and Mac customers all over the world. You’ll be managing a team of cross-functional producers across our top markets, making sure that daily content publication and special projects and campaigns stay on track. Through workflows and processes that this team has established, producers project manage all Today stories, major campaigns and promotions, from ideation to completion across the App Store’s ecosystem. Producers are attuned to the App Store’s priorities, establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in their markets, and serve as Apple brand ambassadors. You’ll support this team by setting the tone and pace for everything they do. It’s essential that you’re able to understand and articulate the “big picture”, while also being able to dive deep into details, deliverables, timelines, and dependencies. You will have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and then pivot quickly as those priorities evolve, keeping the global producers focused and on track. Your experience as a producer allows you to think strategically, the ability to build solid relationships with colleagues across the entire organization and around the world, and instill a strong sense of collaboration. Through these relationships, you will help create and shape App Store policies, programs and direction with senior leaders. You’ll be expected to establish and strengthen relationships with your team and partners on the ground in all of your key markets, by traveling regularly to Asia and Europe and providing updates to key stakeholders in those markets. Most of all, you’re passionate about the role apps and games play in people’s lives, and are eager to help create an amazing user experience for millions of people around the world.
Education & Experience
BA or higher. 7 to 10 years related work experience.