Realtime Media Engineer - AV Conference
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Our team develops the technology that powers real-time audio and video communications features such as Group FaceTime, FaceTime, Phone Continuity, HomeKit IP Cameras, Wifi-Calling / VoLTE, and RTT. We support iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. Apple's Interactive Media Group (IMG) is looking for a dedicated and hardworking engineer to join our team.
- Experience with real-time audio and/or video stack
- Deep understanding of multithreaded programming
- Self-driven and thrives when facing open ended tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Writes beautiful and readable object-oriented code in C and/or Objective-C
- You are highly motivated, self-directed, go-getter
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have an ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- Optionally, ideal to have: Experience with Voice and Video over IPExperience with AR/VR
- Understanding of application level networking technologies and protocols
- Experience with Cocoa programming
- Optional experience with common security protocols
- Agile software development
Looking for a strong software engineer to help develop features and maintain the real-time audio and video frameworks that drive Apples real-time communication software like Group FaceTime. As a real-time media engineer in this role, you will be responsible for developing features, contributing to design and architecture, analyzing and optimizing performance, and tuning algorithms for enhancing audio and video communications experience.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in EE/CE/CS with a strong focus in software engineering We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.