Siri - Tools and Automation Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you enjoy playing a part in changing the world; If yes, it's all in a day's work at Apple. The Siri Tools and Automation team drives innovation that matters. We work with the latest and greatest Apple products and engage with state-of-the-art technology. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you. The position requires a mix of management experience as well as technical skills in building tools and setting up hardware labs.
- 3+ years of proven management experience developing and leading employees
- 5+ years experience in software development, mix of QA & Development is ideal
- Consistent track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire and motivate the best people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Truly enjoys tools and automation related challenges, and problem solving
- Ready to deep dive into diverse technologies at all levels
- Makes appropriate trade-offs between short term results and long term infrastructure improvements
- You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
You will manage a team of engineers and lab technicians who are responsible for the tools and automation that power Siri. You will play a key role in driving the process, automation and execution of developing and deploying tools. You will help in setting up the device testing strategy across all of our platforms where Siri exists. You need strong teamwork ethics as we engage with many different teams including everything from network to engineering. You need to communicate efficiently with teams in different locations.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree