Computer Vision Scientist / Engineer (BMVC 2019)
Cupertino, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Combining groundbreaking machine learning and computer vision techniques with next-generation hardware, our teams take user experiences to the next level. We are looking for computer vision research scientists and engineers to join our teams in Cupertino, Seattle, Portland, Pittsburgh, Munich, Zurich, Linkôping, and Stockholm.
- Expertise in at least one area of computer vision, machine learning, and computer graphics (e.g., deep convolutional neural networks, object detection, tracking, segmentation, AR/VR, image and video processing, 3D geometry, SLAM, multi-view geometry, simulation, graphics rendering)
- Strong experience in building early stage products
- A passion for creating innovative techniques, and making them robust and scalable
- Ability to distill vague product experiences into concrete problem definitions
- Skilled in explaining and presenting analyses and computer vision and machine learning concepts to a broad technical audience
- Solid programming skills with Python and/or C/C++
- Creative, collaborative, and innovation focused
As a member of a computer vision team at Apple, you will use your deep understanding of computer vision, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to tackle meaningful technical problems, collaborate with the most innovative product development teams in the world, and transfer your ideas into solutions in the next generation of Apple products. You will perform fundamental research by defining, designing, implementing and evaluating algorithms involving unrivaled data and objectives. You will also actively engage with the academic community by collaborating with universities, publishing and presenting your work, and attending conferences.
Education & Experience
PhD or Masters in Computer Vision, Computer Science, or related field, with significant experience in state-of-the-art computer vision, machine learning and pattern recognition fields.